Saturday, January 24, 2009

Missed this

But I missed most everything last week. Rocky business writer David Milstead has a piece on the problems facing both Denver dailies. Concluding grafs:
Perhaps The Post can hang on to a significant number of Rocky subscribers if the paper closes, revenue will improve, and MediaNews will have more than a pyrrhic victory.

I don't think so. I will make two predictions, which may be my last in this column. One is that 18 months after the Rocky closes, The Post will have retained very few of the Rocky's subscribers, loyal to the tabloid format.

And two: Once we stop speculating when Denver will become a one-newspaper town, we will begin to ask when the Post will close as well.
I asked that a while ago (see update).

(via Romenesko, but I can't find the link)

No comments: