Thursday, November 06, 2008

Stolen moments (election edition)

A few clips that didn't get much play around these parts, the first two via Iain Dale. All involve Brits in one way or another. First, John Bolton tells BBC election-night presenter David Dimbleby that the BBC should fire the reporter you see at the beginning of the clip, Rajnesh Mirchandani, who had just completed a piece from Colorado:


Mincing words. Unfortunately, from the comments at Dale's blog and Biased BBC, nobody's managed to find Mirchandani's report. The BBC's search function didn't work at all for me. Too bad, because the piece would probably be of particular interest to Coloradoonians.

Anyhow, from the same show, Dimbleby interviews Gore Vidal, who will soon be confined to one of those posh Eastern asylums whose elegantly dark-panelled walls are cleverly designed to conceal feces smears:


Dimbleby: "That was fun."

And finally, a drunken reporter from the Birmingham Mail, in South Beach of all places to cover the election, videos in his resignation:

He's a little hard to understand, but what he did was copy and paste a BBC piece and send it to the Mail as his own.

The Mail ran it. Briefly.

Update: The BBC-hating Telegraph calls Vidal's turn "withering" instead of "senile."

Update II: The Grauniad's MediaMonkey blog quotes perhaps-former Birmingham Mail reporter "Steve Zacharanda, also known as Adam Smith" on the Youtube clip that brought him sudden fame:
"Right, the thing is, right I've just woke up. And seen this video, which I don't really remember. I've been told to phone the Birmingham Mail because I am in trouble." He adds: "I was off duty, I am on official holiday working at the South Beach Miami Barack Obama campaign where I had just done a 18-hour shift trying to make the world a better place. Please check every BBC News outlet and see if I have cut and pasted anything. I have not, it was a joke and should be taken in the spirit it was said."

No comments: