Sunday, November 02, 2008

Cheap entertainment

There are signs posted all over the neighborhood telling people that parking is prohibited along certain sections of street during Broncos games, because we're so close to the stadium. One of those sections is right in front of this house. The Broncos are at home today. Here's some d-blog time-lapse photography:


2:41 p.m. MST: City enforcement personage spots truck in violation.



2:41 p.m. MST: Commences ticketing process.



2:42 p.m. MST: Tow truck arrives.



2:43 p.m. MST: Ticketing process continues.



2:44 p.m. MST: Ticketing process complete.



2:45 p.m. MST: Towing process begins.



2:45 p.m. MST: Towing process continues.



2:46 p.m. MST: Completing towing process.



2:47 p.m. MST: Tow truck leaves.

Six minutes. Let me add it up: $80 for the ticket, $20 admin. costs, towing fee (at least $75), and impound charge (at least $100).

To see the stinkin' Broncos.

What's fun (to witness, anyway) is after the game, when the fans show up back where their car was and stand there going "wtf" (in the parlance of today). They've watched the Broncos lose, they're half-smashed, and they've walked more than they're used to. Where's the fuckin' car?

Now, I'm not a (total) jerk. If I happen to see them parking in front, I'll warn them off. If I happen to see them only after the game, and they clearly can't figure out what's happened, I'll tell them. Once I interrupted a hysterical couple as they were calling the cops to report their vehicle stolen.

God, reading over this I realize once again: my life has no meaning. Still, it's better than watching the stinkin' Broncos. Somebody should tell Jay Cutler he's supposed to throw it to the guys on his own team.

No comments: