Thursday, September 28, 2006

Family fun

A couple of years ago my father-in-law gave me the canoe paddle on the left to use as a spare. Then, a couple of months ago, he took me out in the garage and told me how he'd always felt guilty about giving me such a crappy paddle (the tape is where he squirted some glue to fill up the cracks and hold it together). Then he gave me the paddle on the right.


Just as many cracks, and he didn't even bother to squirt glue in them this time. Thanks, Dad! (We're so close I call him "Dad," though not to his face.)

Anyway, naturally I had to get a canoe to match the fancy-pants paddle:


It's a Mad River Horizon 15, slightly chewed, as if you care.

Despite the chewing-over it's had (a season's worth) this is a marked improvement over my previous model.

Update: Yes, Mad River's logo is a bunny rabbit smoking a peace pipe. I could probably find out why, if I cared.

No comments: