Thursday, March 09, 2006

Deanna Hanna!

State senator Deanna Hanna resigned yesterday. The Denver Post:

Bowing to the mounting political pressure of an ongoing ethics investigation and unlikely to receive strong Democratic backing in a recall election, state Sen. Deanna Hanna announced Wednesday that she will resign her seat effective March 22. . . .

Hanna, 62, has been under fire for more than two weeks for a letter she sent last summer asking the Colorado Association of Realtors' political action committee to pay her $1,400 in "reparations" after the group endorsed her opponent in the 2004 elections.

"There are going to be some very important issues ahead of us. You have a choice. So do I," she wrote to the group.
Pretty funny, or something, mainly because a) the Democrats now have only a one-seat margin in the senate; b) Deanna Hanna was so blatant in her solicitation; and c) she used the term "reparations," which usually refers to a different sort of extortion.


Soul of poet revealed

As interesting (he averred) as this story is, I mention it for only one reason. Her name. Her glorious, euphonious name: Deanna Hanna.

I love you so truly, dear Deanna Hanna,

That I'd gladly be your snotty bandanna.

That's as far as I get. Now give me your han' na? Here, have a banana?

"Soul of poet" my ass. Who the hell writes these idiotic subheads anyway?

No comments: